Fem-In-Tech Entrepreneurship Development Programme 2020:
The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA), in collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, offers Fem-In-Tech – a female-focused entrepreneurship development programme for South African women in 2020. Fem-In-Tech is aimed at empowering South African women with tech and tech-enabled start-ups with the entrepreneurial and leadership skills to launch and grow their businesses.
Through this programme, a community of female-led start-ups will be created with the purpose of supporting each other through their journeys. At the end of the programme, the women will be equipped with the skills to pitch their business case to potential investors on the Demo Day, and a select group will be matched to potential business supporters and funders through the Match and Invest Platform.
Worth of Award
A panel of evaluators will review all applications and selection made based on the information provided in the entry form. Selected applicants will undergo an online training program covering:
- Business Model Canvas
- Pitch training: preparing a pitch for potential funders or other support
The training will include a pitching workshop where participants will practice how to deliver a 4-minute pitch.
Feedback will be provided following the workshop and the Top 20 will progress to the next phase – Demo Day and Business Matching. The Top 20 will showcase their businesses by pitching during the Demo Day and matched with potential funders and business supporters through the Match and Invest platform.
- THE TEAM – South African Female Founder / Co-Founder. More than one founder and a strong team.
- BUSINESS OVERVIEW – ≤ 5 Years in Operation (min. 1 year). Stage of development: seed capital/ angel investment/ venture capital.
- PRODUCT AND INNOVATION – Is the product/service innovative and unique? Product maturity: minimal viable product/early stage/ready to scale. Competitive advantage (IP / Trade Secret)?
- MARKET DEMAND – Are customers, segment sizes, distribution and after-sales proven? Sound knowledge of alternatives and competitive advantage.
- SCALABILITY – Can the team and offering grow quickly, outpace competitors, and penetrate new markets? Is there a sound business plan.
- REVENUE / FEASIBILITY – How is revenue generated? Have operations, marketing, pricing, volume, costs, risk mitigation, and return on investment been quantified?
How to Apply
- Only applications received online using the online submission form will be accepted.
- The SA Innovation Summit reserves the right, by its sole discretion, not to accept entries or to disqualify entries at any stage should it transpire that such entries have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants.
Deadline: Applications close on July 10, 2020.