International Monetary Fund Internship Program 2021:
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is now accepting applications from PhD.
and Master’s degree students for its 2020 paid internship program at IMF headquarters in Washington D.C. The deadline for submission of applications for the IMF Internship program is 6th January annually.
Apprentices are entrusted with top-level research in macroeconomics or a related field (with the exception of an internship with the Legal Department of the IMF) under the supervision of a colleague of the IMF.
About 50 students are offered an internship every year. The work will be conducted from June to October at the IMF headquarters in Washington, DC. The internships last at least 10 and a maximum of 12 weeks.
About the Sponsor: International Monetary Fund
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization that aims to promote global economic growth and financial stability, encourage international trade, and reduce poverty.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is based in Washington, D.C., and currently consists of 189 member countries, each of which has representation on the IMF’s executive board in proportion to its financial importance, so that the most powerful countries in the global economy have the most voting power.
The IMF’s primary purpose is to ensure the stability of the international monetary system—the system of exchange rates and international payments that enables countries (and their citizens) to transact with each other. The Fund’s mandate was updated in 2012 to include all macroeconomic and financial sector issues that bear on global stability.
Level/ Field of Study
Monetary Fund Internship Program 2021 covers the Masters and Ph.D. program on the following courses:
International Monetary Fund Internship Program is hosted by International Monetary Fund in Washington, DC.
IMF internship 2021 is opened for the following international students only.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua, Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo: Democratic RepublicCongo: Republic.
Aside from the Monetary Fund Internship Program 2021, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad.
Monetary Fund Internship Program Worth
IMF trainees receive:
- A competitive salary;
- Return flight of economy class to Washington, DC from her university; and
- Limited health insurance coverage.
Eligibility for International Monetary Fund Internship Program
To be selected for an International Monetary Fund Internship Program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Doctorate within one to two years in macroeconomics or a related field and student status (ie return to university after the internship). Internships are usually sought by people who are interested in obtaining a doctorate for the IMF’s economics program.
- At the beginning of the internship, be under 32 years old.
- Good written and spoken English knowledge.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and computer skills.
- Must be a student at the beginning of the internship (not yet graduated).
- At the beginning of the internship, be under 28 years old.
- Good written and spoken English knowledge.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and computer skills
For the legal Department internship
Applicants must have obtained LLM, J.D or higher equivalent degrees and be under 32 years of age.
How to apply for Monetary Fund Internship Program 2021
- If you are a Ph.D. or MSc student, click here to access the IMF application system and enter 1701251 in the Job Number field.
- To apply for the internship in the Legal Department, click here to enter the IMF application system and enter 1701249 in the Job Number field.
To be considered, your application must be submitted using this portal and include:
- Fully completed applicant profile/form.
- Responses to all questions.
- A personal CV/Resume, as an attachment.
- A recent transcript for the university program in which you are currently registered (showing your current status and recent grades).
International Monetary Fund Internship Program Deadline 2021
The deadline for submission of applications for the IMF Internship program is 6th January annually.
For more information, visit the Internship Program Fund website.
IMF Undergraduate Internship
Undergraduate students may also apply for the IMF internship program.
The successful applicants will work closely with an experienced IMF colleague on a current issue or research question of importance to the members.
The results of the student’s work may be presented to IMF staff at the end of the student’s internship, and many of the interns have had their work published by the IMF.
This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Grab this opportunity to give your career a huge boost.