SDU PhD Position for International Students in Denmark, 2020:
Applicants are invited to apply for the PhD Position funded by the University of Southern Denmark. The grant is awarded for the academic year 2020-2021.
The award programme is available for highly motivated international students who want to apply for a 3-year PhD programme in Autonomous Drone Navigation and Grasping on Energized Overhead Cables.
Established in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark offers world-class education and is committed to an international perspective, at all levels. SDU now have five faculties and about 32,000 students, more than 15% of whom come from abroad.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? While studying at SDU, candidates will get comfortable working both independently and within a team. It provides creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment.
Application Deadline: July 6, 2020
- University: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 3.378 – EURO per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Autonomous Drone Navigation and Grasping on Energized Overhead Cables
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Sc. degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree) in robotics, drones, control, mechatronics or electronics engineering or related fields.
- Practical experience with FPGA/GPU, ROS, sensor fusion, drone control, and AI are mandatory.
- Excellent programming skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, VHDL, MATLAB).
- Additionally, the candidate(s) should have excellent writing skills and be able to work independently.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, candidates are obligatory to apply through an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The application must be in English and must include all the following – a research proposal, curriculum vitae, certificates/diplomas (MSc) Danish or English transcripts, an official document is describing the institutional structure and the grading scheme of the awarding universities and verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma and transcripts of exams.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written. Before applying, applicants must check all the English language requirements.
The University of Southern Denmark will provide the amounts to approx. 3.378- EURO per month incl. Supplements to the winning candidates.