Do You Have Anything You Want To Share With Us?
Oh Yes! We’re All Ears…
But Please Any Article You Want To Share With Us Should Be Original i.e It Shouldn’t Appear Anywhere Else, You Can Format You Article Using Html (if you know how to) Where Necessary.
Length: A minimum of 1000 words (excluding author’s bio, if any) but not more than 3,000.
Paragraphs: Dividing your content into clear paragraphs makes it easier for users to read.
Links: These can be included, but must be relevant to the article.
Media: You can include media such as images, videos, maps, tweets, etc in your post.
Guest Posts We Don’t Like
We don’t like posts that are too promotional of either the writer’s own business or of someone else’s (i.e. articles that look and read like ads). The articles should stand by themselves and provide the reader with new information rather than simply act as advertorial content.
Here Are The House Rules:
In order to publish content on the site we need to be certain that it is unique and of your own creation. There are search engine optimization reasons for this as well as copyright reasons but we primarily want to ensure that our readers have the opportunity to read content that is unique.
We’re a lifestyle based site, so that’s what our audience is interested in reading about. We won’t be able to publish content that isn’t related to these areas. You can check the category menu above to see the kind of content we publish.
Sometimes readers submit content to us that is well written and interesting but is just an ad for their or another person’s company. Readers tend to notice these and generally dislike them, and so do we. If you work for a company we’re happy to give them a mention and a link in your bio but as for the main body of your article, we want that to be about your area of expertise, not about how great your company is.
Copyright and defamation can be a legal minefield so be careful that sources are clearly stated (perhaps with links) and any statements are factual. We might have to edit or might not be able to publish your article if there are such issues or uncertainties.
I have a few ideas; can I email them to you?
Yeah. Have a look through the site to see the types of topics that we cover, we’re more likely to go for a post if it will be of interest to our readers.
Will you edit our post?
We will probably edit your post for our house-style but we won’t change the message or meaning of your article. Here are some of the most common edits that we do;
- Spelling: We might change the spelling in your post to British English, although our team is international.
- Clarity: We occasionally edit sentences for clarity.
- Grammar: Do you use the Oxford comma? We usually do, so we might make this and other small grammatical changes to your article.
- Links: If you mention a topic that we have covered before we will link to our previous posts in yours – this will give the reader a greater knowledge of the topic and help put your post in context. We’ll also link, and we encourage you to do so as well, to third party websites, if their content is relevant.
- Images: We will illustrate your post with a featured image (you can provide one if you wish; it must be at least 900px wide and of your own creation or from a recognized creative commons source, we’ll need the link to verify this).
- Rich Media: Occasionally we’ll illustrate your post with rich media, such as videos, maps, and/or tweets.
Will you remove our article in the future?
We haven’t had to remove any guest bloggers’ articles yet but if a substantial complaint is made against a post, we may have to. But if you follow the rules above you should be fine.
- All submitted and approved content(s) becomes our property and shouldn’t be used anywhere else without our prior permission.
- Our guest post is currently only $60 per post.
- In-Content link insertion into an already existing article is currently only $70 per link.
- Payment is currently via Paypal only.
- Please we DO NOT accept a free guest post at this time.
- The prices listed above are non-negotiable. Also, the prices are not permanent, it’ll increase as our site relevancy increases.
If you still want to proceed with the guest post(s), you can submit your content to us via [email protected]