The condition in which high blood pressure persists in a person is called a hypertensive state. Most blood pressure patients suffer from hypertensive emergencies most often. If proper medical care is not given during a hypertensive emergency, it could lead to organ dysfunction. In such an emergency, the blood pressure should be lowered within minutes.
In most cases when BP goes up and returns to normal, a doctor prescribes medicines such as Bystolic which helps control it. You can get discount on Bystolic easily and get them delivered to your doorstep. Along with these medicines, emergency care is immediately needed if the blood pressure does not come down in a few minutes.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
- Heart palpitations
- Pounding in the neck and ears
- Severe headache
- Vision problems
- Pain in the chest
- Difficulty breathing
What to Do In Case of Hypertensive Emergency
In case your loved one is having a hypertensive emergency, call your doctor immediately. Observe and report the symptoms. Follow the doctor’s instructions and get to ER if the doctor says.
Here’s What You Can Do to Help Lower the Blood Pressure
- Stay calm. Keeping yourself and the patient calm might be difficult in an emergency but remember this simple step can help reduce blood pressure. Sit down and take deep breaths.
- Take the medicines with you in case the doctor has prescribed something.
- Brew a cup of hibiscus or chamomile tea; this can help you feel calmer. Stock up on tea bags in case you have to stay at the hospital. Avoid black coffee or tea at the time.
- Eat a small piece of dark chocolate to release endorphins that will calm your nerves down.
1. Healthy Eating
Clean eating can help reduce the instances of high blood pressure emergencies. It is recommended to eat heart-healthy foods such as:
- bananas, apples, and oranges
- carrots and broccoli
- whole-wheat pasta and brown rice
- fish rich in omega-3 fatty oils such as mackerel, salmon, tuna
2. Coffee and caffeinated beverages
According to experts, if a person consumes 5 cups of coffee daily, it can cause a mild increase in blood pressure who are already patients with high blood pressure. The combination of drinking coffee and smoking in hypertension patients increases the risk of stroke. So, it is a good idea to quit smoking and limit coffee intake to gain more control of your blood pressure levels.
3. Supplements and Minerals
Supplements help fulfill the nutritional deficiency in a person’s body. Choose the right supplements and take them regularly so your nutritional requirements are met. With regular intake, your overall health improves especially blood pressure levels, metabolism, and cholesterol levels.
Blood pressure is not a critical condition if it is controlled in the initial phase. With proper medical care plans and consultation with doctors regularly, the health issues associated with high blood pressure can be kept limited.