The best things to eat for workout, breakfast, sore throat, or even when you’re pregnant can help you to eat healthily.
But hey, you may feel eating just about anything especially in moderation is healthy, but that may be tricky.
For instance, taking spicy foods when you have a sore throat or deciding to have sugary post-workout shakes after exercising may not really be ideal.
So, how can you eat healthily at each time depending on the results you’re out to achieve?
Read on to find out!
1. Best Things to Eat for Breakfast:
The best things to eat for breakfast will keep you alert during the day, and help you to channel your best energy into something productive.
You won’t feel sluggish or eat unhealthily especially if these meals are taken in sizable portions.
Therefore, you can have the following for breakfast:
- Sprouted-Grain Bread
- Greek yogurt and berries
- Oatmeal + fruit + nut butter
2. Best Things to Eat Before Bed:
The best things to eat before bed can help you sleep through the night.
In line with that, you can try the best foods for sleep to lose weight.
The point is, these foods can help you to fight insomnia and they include:
- Chamomile, ginger, peppermint or passion fruit tea
- Salad filled with berries, lettuce, cottage cheese, and honey
- Fruits with Melatonin: Berries, tart cherries, pineapple, bananas, oranges, and kiwi
There are also foods to eat at night when hungry or craving a late-night snack, you can try the following:
- Trail Mix
- Hot Cereal
- Goji Berries
- Tart Cherries
- Protein Smoothie
- Crackers and Cheese
- Banana With Almond Butter
3. Best Things to Eat During Period:
Knowing what to and what not to eat during periods can help to relieve some of the symptoms experienced during that time.
These symptoms include cramps, nausea, bowel issues, fatigue, bloating, discomfort, amongst others.
And like activities to avoid during the period, there are also foods to avoid and one of such is junk food.
Others you should avoid are:
- Fried foods
- High-fat foods
- Refined Grains
- Carbonated drinks
- High-sodium foods. Processed foods
- Legumes: Kidney beans, black-eyed peas, chickpeas, etc.
However, let’s channel more focus on what to eat for healthy periods and even the fruits to eat.
They include the following:
- Dark Chocolate
- Spinach and broccoli
4. Best Things to Eat When You’re Pregnant:
Whether you’re a month pregnant or close to your due date, there are certain foods that are healthy for you and the growing baby.
These are the best foods to eat when you’re pregnant and they include:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Legumes such as soybeans, chickpeas, lentils, peas, beans, and peanuts.
- Starchy carbohydrate-rich foods such as rice, potatoes, pasta, and bread
- Proteinous foods such as fish, eggs, lean meat, and chicken
- Wholegrain foods, such as wild rice, pulses like beans and lentils, wholemeal bread, whole grain pasta, etc.
- Zinc-rich foods such as zinc are fish, chicken, turkey, ham, shrimp, crab, eggs meat, dairy products, oysters, beans, peanut butter, nuts, sunflower seeds, cereals, ginger, onions, bran, lentils, wheat germ, rice, pasta, and tofu.
5. Best Things to Eat for Sore Throat:
So, how can you get rid of a sore throat quickly? It’s by eating some of the best foods for sore throat.
Is ice cream good for a sore throat?
Research shows that ice cream can soothe the throat since it provides calories that may not be gotten from other foods.
There are, however, people that are allergic to dairy products who may need to stay away from ice cream.
Spicy foods are to be avoided when you have a sore throat or cough.
On the other hand, there are healing foods for sore throat and one that has become very popular is broth or chicken soup.
Nonetheless, here’s a list of foods and drinks that help a sore throat:
- Chicken soup
- Scrambled eggs
- Pomegranate juice
- Smoothies and yogurt
- Well-cooked vegetables
- Fruit-based sherbet and popsicles
Try some of these and you’re bound to make your sore throat feel better
6. Best Things to Eat with Stomach Flu:
The foods to eat after a stomach bug can help to relieve symptoms such as nausea.
Generally, norovirus causes stomach flu and some foods have been known to help with it.
What’s more, stomach flu vs food poisoning have common foods that can be eaten to help either of these.
Accordingly, the following can help with stomach flu:
- Salty crackers
- Broth-based soups
7. Best Things to Eat After a Workout:
What to eat after a workout to build muscle or lose weight differs from the list of foods to eat before workout.
There are good gym foods, and there are others that would only waste the effort you put into burning those calories.
Therefore, the best post-workout meal for muscle gain or weight loss are:
- Rice cakes
- Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter
- Cottage cheese
- Sweet potatoes
- Chocolate milk
- Chia seed pudding
- Turkey or chicken
- Whole grain bread
- Whole-grain cereal
8. Best Things to Eat When You Have a Headache:
Your head has been banging either from working too much, thinking too much or for a reason you can’t place a finger on.
Not to worry, some of the best foods for migraine relief will help you feel better in no time.
There are also migraine diet recipes you can try to help with your condition.
The foods that reduce migraines include:
- Fatty Fish
- Plain Yoghurt
- Magnesium-Rich Foods
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Legumes
The migraine foods to avoid list including:
- Nut butter
- Soft pretzels
- Breaded meats
- Marinated meats
- Flavored popcorn
- Beef and chicken livers
- Highly flavored or seasoned chips
The best things to eat before and after workout, breakfast, bed, etc. will allow you to eat in a healthy way.
No longer will you pop the first thing you find into your mouth for breakfast, you’ll make a more conscious effort to eat healthily.
That being said, keep this list with you and soon, you’ll know off hand what the best foods are to consume for certain times and periods.
[…] Always have your breakfast. Studies have shown that people who skip breakfast tend to eat more during the rest of the day. So always start your day with a healthy breakfast. […]
Comments are closed.