High Cheekbones defines beauty, they say. In the course of this article, you are going to find out what high cheekbones are, how to know if you have high cheekbones, how to get high cheekbones, if it is better to have high cheekbones or low cheekbones and every other related query related to cheekbones. Just relax and read on and don’t always forget to share and drop your comment if you any question.
What Is High Cheekbone?
Now, let’s tell you what is considered high cheekbones.
On like the Low cheekbones that appears just after the nose or you may say at the bottom of the nose, High cheekbones are simply the bone that appears right after the eyes. It is a paired bone that articulates with the maxilla, the temporal bone, the sphenoid bone, and the frontal bone, situated at the underneath the eye socket and found in the middle of our face.
Typically, having high cheekbones means that the widest part of the face is just beneath the eye causing the cheek to dip in slightly beneath the bone. In most cases, this dip causes a slight shadow, which further accentuates this feature on the face.
Is it better to have high or low cheekbones?
Low vs high cheekbones, which is more attractive? High cheekbones indicate a more symmetrical face and are widely considered more appealing in both men and women. However, this is not to mean that a person with a low cheekbone is unattractive. Some adults with round faces are appealing despite having low cheekbones.
How To Know If You Have High Cheek Bones?
This is quite simple, simply follow the steps below:
- You will need to stand in front of a clean mirror under bright light. Make sure that you have no make-up on your face before you begin the process.
- Once in front of the mirror, place your thumb directly above your ear tragus which is the small nub that sticks out. On the same hand, place the index finger just below your nostril. Now move both your thumb and index finger towards each other – the line that is drawn by these two moving fingers is exactly where your cheekbone is located on your face.
- Once you have located your cheekbones, you need to carefully observe its position on the face. Is it just under your eyes or closer to the bottom of your nose? If it’s the former, then you have high cheekbones, else you have low cheekbones.
How To Get High CheekBones
I’m going to tell you how to achieve this in two ways;
- Using Makeup
- By Facial Exercises
How To Get High Cheekbone With Makeup
Do want to enhance your cheekbones with makeup? Try this:
Use fingers to dab cream foundation that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone on the centre of your forehead and chin, down the bridge of the nose, and on cheekbones. Apply a base that’s two shades darker below the cheekbones and jawline, along the sides of the nose, and at the temples.
How To Get High Cheekbone With Facial Exercises
Below are some facial exercises you can do to build up the muscles in your face and make your cheekbones more prominent. Remember, you’ll need to be patient and consistent in order to achieve results.
1. Fish Face
- Make a fish face by sucking in your cheeks. Your lips should be tight together.
- Now, try to smile while still holding the fish face.
- Hold the position for 6-8 seconds.
- Repeat three or four times.
2. The Cheek Puff
- Inhale and fill your mouth with air just like you fill a balloon.
- Puff your cheek, alternating sides.
- Then exhale out from your mouth.
- Repeat as many times as you like. You could even repeat until you run out of breath.
3. The Smile
- Smile as wide as possible with an open mouth, imagining your smile reaching to your ears.
- Make sure your eyes are wide open too.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
4. The X and O
- Form a small “O” with your lips and exaggerate pronouncing an “O” sound, using your entire face.
- Then pronounce the letter “X” using your entire face and stretching your face into something like a smile.
- Repeat, alternating the X shape and the O shape 10 times.
5. The Fish and Puff
- Suck your cheeks in and purse your lips to make the fish face.
- Keep your lips pursed as much as possible while you fill your cheeks with air.
- Move the air from one cheek to the next, holding it on each side for five seconds.
- Repeat ten times and relax.
6. The Puppet Face
This might not feel like you’re working your cheek muscles hard until after you release it. Then, you’ll definitely feel it in your cheeks.
- Place your fingertips on either side of your face where your cheeks crease when you smile.
- Push up on your cheeks at this point while you continue to smile. You should feel resistance from the muscles in your cheekbones.
- Hold for 30 seconds and release. Repeat.
7. The Bumblebee
- Close your lips gently together.
- Inhale through your nose.
- Make a chewing motion with your jaw, moving it up and down while you hum out of your nose, vibrating your lips slightly.
- Repeat for four breaths.
8. The Jaw Tilt
- Open your mouth wide.
- With your mouth still open, tilt your head back.
- While your head is back, close your mouth.
- Then, bring your head back to the starting position.
- Repeat this 18-20 times every day.2
Celebrities With High Cheekbones
This is a list of celebrities with natural and well-defined cheekbones, you could be a fan of one of them;
- Keira Knightley
- Cara Delevingne
- Angelina Jolie
- Naomi Campbell
- Natalie Portman
- Gisele Bündchen
- Michelle Pfeiffer
- Halle Berry
- Cameron Diaz
- Scarlett Johansson
High Cheekbones Smile
The best high cheekbones smile of the year goes to Cheryl;
Frequently Asked Questions On High CheekBones
Let’s attempt to answer most of the frequently asked question on this special facial feature:
What nationality has high cheekbones?
High cheekbones ethnicity:
Many ethnic groups African, Asian and Amerindian have high cheekbones. Many ethnic groups African, Asian and Amerindian have high cheekbones.
What does having high cheekbones mean?
As previously stated above, having high cheekbones means that the widest part of the face is just beneath the eyes, causing the cheek to dip in slightly beneath the bone. Often, this dip causes a slight shadow, which further accentuates this facial feature.
Do high cheekbones age well?
High cheekbones and prominent chins also reap the anti-ageing benefits. “ These structures help provide subcutaneous support, so thinning and sagging of the skin is less prominent
What do high cheekbones look like?
If your malar bones are located in close proximity to your eyes, you’re considered to have high cheekbones. Lower cheekbones refer to malar bones that rest closer to the bottom of your nose.
Are high cheekbones genetic?
Your ethnic history and genetic background play a strong role in influencing how your face is structured.
How do you get high cheekbones surgery?
Your cheekbones are the structure of your face underneath your skin, particularly the malar bones. If your malar bones are located in close proximity to your eyes, you’re considered to have high cheekbones. Lower cheekbones refer to malar bones that rest closer to the bottom of your nose.
Having high cheekbones or low cheekbones doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about you. Your ethnic history and genetic background play a strong role in influencing how your face is structured. Some cultures value certain facial features, such as high or low cheekbones, as markers of conventional attractiveness.
Personal beauty is an individual and highly subjective thing to evaluate. There aren’t “good” or “bad” cheekbones. There are many different kinds of faces, each with their own charm and beauty. If your cheekbones are a source of insecurity, consider visiting a makeup counter to talk about strategies and products that you might use to make them more prominent.
Cosmetic procedures range from temporary and relatively inexpensive to more serious and costly. Remember that having high cheekbones or low cheekbones isn’t a definite symbol of your attractiveness.